Saturday, June 28, 2008

Epcot

So here's my thought. How about I just show you my favorite pictures from each park?


Like you have a choice:)


Let's start with Epcot.


My grandparents took me there when I was in high school. Either very late eighties or very early nineties.


Please do not be frightened. The hair is scary. The shirt is a little frightening. But the shorts....well, actually, the shorts are back in style. I saw a lot of plaid in Florida. Not just on old men, either. And nothing needs to be said about my cousin Steven's pants. Well actually, A LOT needs to be said, but let's not go there!


And let me just say this now. It's humid in Florida. Very humid. You have no idea how humid it actually is unless you've been there, melting. Within a few minutes off the bus each morning I would have sweat rolling down various places. All that to say...my hair was scary. Afro scary. Each day it got worse and worse. I tried straightening it, but it wouldn't be straightened. It was cute for a few days but it eventually went downhill. My uncle even told me on the second to last day that he thought my hair had been cute up until then...but at that point it was a little scary.


Thanks for the love and understanding Uncle Kevin. I got the natural curl from YOUR side of the family.


I think these pictures are better. Of course, my girls might post these in twenty years and mock themselves! They better not mention anything about me.

If you go after dark you have to look down! The sidewalks are amazing!

You have to ride the ride that's inside the golf ball thingy. The name escapes me right now, but it's a blast! They take your picture and at the end have you answer some questions on a screen inside your car. You then get to watch a little cartoon of yourself based on your answers. Here's Chris and me. I warned you about the hair...but forgot to mention the constantly shiny face. Please forgive.

Kennedy and AJ had different answers then us apparently!

Our friend Rick (who my girls call the good smelling guy) told us we needed to ride the Figment ride and stomp Figment for him. That intrigued us so we had to do it. Apparently it's the constant song that is still stuck in his head that had him feeling the need to have Figment stomped. It was annoying, I must say, but I quickly forgot it. When I called Shawn that night to tell him about it all he started singing the song!! He hasn't been there in 20 years!
We took these pictures to share with Rick.

He told me that if I bought these hats for the girls he was going to report me to DHS!
There were a lot of fun computer things to do after the ride. I was a cat and Reagan was a....? I don't really know what she was!! Can you tell?
After this ride there is a theatre where you can be interactive with Crush. It's amazing!! He talks to the audience. Soooo hard to explain. You just have to experience it.
And you have to take the shark mouth picture.

DON'T be fooled by this cool moon outside of Mission Space.


DON'T be fooled by your uncle and older cousins when they tell you that if you survived Rocking Roller Coaster, you can ride Mission Space.

DON'T be fooled when they tell you that the 'Orange' version of the ride is much more fun then the boring 'Green' version.

DO get the provided 'barf bag' out as soon as you are seated in the ride.

DO keep your eyes open even though you don't want to because it will keep you from getting more sick.

DO sit with your head between your legs for at least 30 minutes following the ride to regain a normal stomach condition.

DO start planning your revenge on uncle and older cousins while your head is between your legs.

DO, most definitely, take cute astronaut pictures of the girls in the gift shop!



And of course...

DO take an amazing trip with an AMAZING group of family!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a fun and memorable vacation! I am very jealous! Your kids will never forget this trip!