Sunday, July 5, 2009

I'm having a baby!

Well, that's a title that will get some attention now isn't it?

Actually I'm not having a baby...I had a 16 year old.

I've written before about Ashley. I truly believe that God brought her into my life for a reason. I can't share everything, but she is dealing with some really horrible struggles that no one of that age should have to handle. She is a Christ follower but feels all alone. If it weren't for texts and free calling after 9 p.m., I don't know where she'd be.

On our last visit there we didn't get to spend much time alone together talking but we did have some fun group times.

She is a joy.She is the big sister McKinley has always wanted.The soccer challenge that Shawn has been looking for.A helpful neighbor.A sure laugh.And travel sized for my convenience. Sadly I couldn't kidnap her and bring her to Oklahoma with us. But we are talking to her about Oklahoma colleges!

3 comments:

Robin said...

Whoa!!!
That was startlin'!
We thought about it once...and only once.
He's too old and I'm too tired.

Jennifer Chronicles (jenx67.com) said...

Bless Ashley. A miracle her awaits her. It sounds like the miracle is you.

Cozyflier said...

How am I suppose to get Amelia through high school if you kidnapp Ashley to OK? She has been adopted by our family!