Friday, July 31, 2009

Sniff...sniff...waahaabaawaahaaa

I have no idea how to spell the sound of crying. I have no idea how to explain how to make that last sentence make sense. Or the second one, for that matter.

Moving on.

Thankfully.

Some of our favorite neighbors are moving. They are right next door and since the day we moved in have been amazing. They have shared their garden vegetables, homemade grape jelly from their grapevine, the honey their bees make, their water, and Christmas goodies all 11 years. We also head there first on Halloween and they take a picture of the girls on their porch. Every year. Where will we go now?

For their gift this Christmas I did something special. In August I spent an hour taking macro pictures of almost every flower in their yard. I put them together and made this. They loved it! Little did we know it would be our last Christmas to exchange gifts. It was such a hit that I decided they needed a goodbye photo. Only problem was that they were always home! Something about packing. Blah, blah, blah.

But last night when we got home we noticed no cars. I ran (literally) to get my camera and got to work. My three look-outs kept yelling, "It's their car!" I would then run like crazy to get to the street to pretend I was taking pictures of the girls riding bikes. Of course, the first 6 times it wasn't their car. It looked nothing like their car. But I digress. The final time they yelled I of course trusted them again and headed to the street. Of course, not them. The car didn't even come down our street. It passed a block away!

As I was preparing my lecture another neighbor came outside and asked me to take a picture of him with the girls. As they were posing and smiling and moving bikes guess who drove up. Yep. Okay, so I'm glad I believed them again. And luckily I got a cute picture of Terry and my girls.He and his family live in my house that I grew up in. Now if he ever moves...I don't know what I'll do. Enter therapy most likely. Or throw myself on the ground in front of the moving truck and refuse to move. It could happen.

But back to the gift. After 65 pictures I came down to 13 that I loved and edited just right. I tried a different template but sadly was not smart enough to figure out how to use it. So I used the same one from Christmas. I wanted it to be different....but I do love how it turned out.Since the writing is so small...the top says;

If you keep the royal plan of Scripture, "Love your neighbor as yourself", you are doing right. James 2:8

And the bottom says;

Thank you for the wonderful memories and the sweet friendship.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go cry. And maybe let the air out of several tires.

What?

I was kidding.

Sort of.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Awww, sorry your losing your neighbors! Good neighbors are like family. It's ok, let the air out of the tires... I won't tell!

I love LOVE their going away gift!! (and christmas one too!)

sportzmom said...

Beautiful gift! Sorry they are leaving.

Critty Critty Bang Bang said...

I haven't had good neighbors in over 4 years, so I can definitely understand mourning the loss of good one's. Fingers crossed that you'll luck out twice!

Debbie said...

This is a thoughtful gift that, like your friendship, will grow sweeter with time.

Margaret Glyn said...

What a thoughtful, personal, special gift! Am sure the A's loved it!