Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Permanent Pumpkins!

I was introduced to a new craft idea at a Girlfriends' Craft Night recently. What I lovingly refer to as Permanent Pumpkins.

I showed up at my friends house with my pumpkin, a drill, five different sized bits, and an idea in my head that I'd seen somewhere on the internet. Everyone else used the little pumpkin carvers as I tried to remember how to put a bit on the drill. I finally did it and started drilling. The first hole made a mess. The second one made a bigger mess. By the time I finished about 40 holes, I (and everything around me) was covered in permanent pumpkin pieces. My friend Kristi pulled out her vacuum and the two of us (the vacuum and I) had a very intimate moment that didn't last long enough. I then begged to please clean up a little more. It was quite a mess.But the mess was worth it! It looked just like the picture in my head.

Here are a few of the others created.I went to Hobby Lobby the next day and bought another one. It's twice as big and will soon have our name carved into it in some cute font.

But for now I have this one. It looks better on my porch, trust me. My kitchen cutting board doesn't do it justice!

2 comments:

sportzmom said...

Awesome! I've always wanted to try that. Gonna have to run out today and get one!

Loren said...

Wow! I can not do that.