Friday, June 25, 2010

8th grade self

As a fun assignment in 5th grade the students write a note to their 8th grade selves. During the last week of school they went to their 5th grade teachers classroom and picked them up. I happened to be in the hall when a group of girls were reading theirs. Laughter was uncontrollable. I read a few lines of one and cracked up. I couldn't wait to read McKinley's.

I pounced on her as soon as we got home and she said she wanted to read it to us.

After I heard one of the sentences I knew why she'd wanted to read it to me. I underlined it for you.

Whoa. Is that not weird?? We didn't like or dislike him but we never listened to his music. She has no idea why she put that.

Later that week their 8th grade teacher had them write a note to their senior self. When she got home and told me I had to ask...."Who'd you kill this time??"

I guess we'll all just have to wait and see.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

OMG that is so funny!!!!