Friday, April 15, 2011

I Think We Had Some Wind

That's actually a complete understatement.  It has been incredibly windy here for weeks!  Up to 60 mph gusts. 

After seeing this this morning on the way to school I am so grateful we have a garage.  I know this didn't do any damage to this truck, but it could have!  The bigger pieces were all around the truck on the road.  I would have taken a picture of that...but I was...in my jammies.  I sure hope I'm not the only one who drives my children to school in my jammies!

Because we are out of everything, I had to go to Sam's and Wal-Mart.  In 60 mph winds.  I bought enough that I had to take the carts out to the car.  Did you know that carts have wheels?  It was ugly, I'm not going to lie.

When I was driving home I kept noticing something blowing across the streets.  I thought it was loose leaves.  But nope.  Not in Oklahoma.  It was the ends of branches.  New, just grown, tips of branches.  I tried a few times to take a picture of one but I just ended up running around my driveway chasing it like a loon.  So here you go. 
Isn't that sad?

And I don't mean my original countertops that won't ever be white again, I mean the branch!  Focus please.

Well, I'm off to try and comb my hair.  Wish me luck.  And send conditioner.


1 comment:

Cozyflier said...

Yes, sad. The wind has been blowing here 60-70mph also. The sky isn't blue, it is red! TX has lost thousands of acres to wildfires :-(

NO, you aren't the only person who drives kids to school in jammies!

Love, Aunt C