Friday, April 1, 2011

Times Are A'Changing

Growing up across the street from my current house meant I was here all the
time. 

Plus, the only kids in the neighborhood lived here. 

And I was a latch key kid. 

And I was bored a lot. 

And, they had a pool. 

So basically, I was here all the time playing with Jeff and John. 

Oh, and Harold, my second Dad, made amazing Chocolate Chip Cookies.  And Martha, my second mom, would set a place for me at the table with no question or invitation needed.  The only way they could keep me away was on sauerkraut night.  I could smell it at the porch and would just head back home.

I played basketball, rode bikes, skateboarded, and just about anything else to pass the time in their extra long driveway.  But what two of my girls and a neighbor friend did over the weekend never happened when I was growing up here.
Makes me wonder what their children will be doing in the driveway.  Not that my girls will ever be allowed to grow up and get married....

No comments: