Thursday, June 23, 2011

Blood Work

I've been struggling with weight loss and have just about decided I'll always be stuck at this weight.  After all I've trained for and run two half marathons in the last 2 1/2 years and I use a calorie counter on my phone to keep myself accountable.  Yet I've lost and gained the same 10 pounds that whole time.  A friend mentioned she'd had her hormones tested and suggested I do the same. 

I called my doctor and told the nurse what I wanted and she assured me they did that.  So when I went in earlier in the week and was pretty ticked to find out I paid $25 for him to tell me he didn't do that type of blood work but could give me a weight loss drug if I wanted one.  Um...no thanks.  He did ask me about my eating habits and soft drink usage.  Still $25 and an hour of my life and I got nothing.  Well, I kept my blood.  I really do like my blood.

So I went across the hall and made an appointment with the doctor who does do it.  A week later I went to see him and found out the blood work had to be done between 8 and 9 in the morning.  So I'd spent another $25 and still had no answers.  But he did agree that it was probably my hormones since it sounded like I was doing everything right.  Always good to hear:)  And I still had my blood.

But today was the day.  I went in at 8:25 and had to talk to two of the rudest employees before having enough blood drawn for the clinic to start their very own Stefunk.  And got an appointment for July 12th to come back and hear the results.

So my fast fix for weight loss keeps dragging on.  Guess that's how it is with weight loss.  There's no easy fix.

Ugh.

No comments: